We recently took on a new client that had awfully low conversion rates.
We discovered their website was nearly unusable for mobile users, this was due to:
- An unusually high Page Size of 10Mb
- HUGE image sizes
- Poor server configuration.
We re-built their website and managed to cut Over 7 seconds off their total load time! You can read how we did this in our recent blog post.
These were the results of the re-build:
- Pagespeed Score went from a D to an A
- Load time went from 9.9s to 2.8s
- Total Page Size went from 10Mb to 784Kb (9.2Mb Saving!)
- Page Requests went from 106 to 34